We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Most of you already know that I have a passion for health, wellness, and beauty. In fact, I must tell you that I believe wellness is beauty. I have made a commitment to learn how to help other people—friends, family, and community members—to achieve their health and wellness potential. Therefore, I will always share credible information along with my ideas of how you can improve or maintain your health.
Many of you have very busy lives: you work hard and overload your daily schedules, and you don’t always make the time for fitness or medical appointments to ensure that you are taking care of yourself. I know because I have fallen into that trap many times. My friends and family members have also fallen into the working hard and overloading your daily schedule trap. That is why I am sharing some self-care tips with you to help encourage you.
The good thing about these self-care tips is that they won’t cost you nothing. You do not have to buy a gym membership to take care of yourself. All you must do is make a commitment to yourself to learn how to best support your own health and wellness. You must make self-care a priority and essential part of your daily life. I had to decide to take care of myself, and I encourage you to decide to take care of wonderful you.
For Good HEALTH, Try These Self-Care Tips:
- Have at least 8 glasses of water every day. Try drinking a cup or two of hot water, especially if you are feeling constipated or simply need to warm up your body.
- Energize and take 20 deep breaths every day. Yes, breathe.
- Admire your accomplishments and celebrate with aromatherapy every day. My favorite energizing essential oil blend is lavender and peppermint oils.
- Listen to music and love your life every day. You are where you are supposed to be.
- Think about your short- and long-term goals every day. Write your goals down and make them clear. Check off the goals that you already accomplished.
- Hum for short intervals of time every day. Humming is very calming and supports heart health. I remember when I was a young girl, my great grandmother would hum while she did chores around the house.*
Above everything, I encourage you to love: build strong personal relationships, nurture your spirit man, and give to those less fortunate. If you are already on a path of self-care, please share your ideas and tips. I look forward to reading your comments.
1. “2017 American College of Healthcare Sciences,” <http://achs.edu/> Accessed on 27 March 2017.
2. “2017 American College of Healthcare Sciences,” <http://info.achs.edu/blog/> Accessed on 27 March 2017.