Keeping the body hydrated does cost, but the benefits of drinking water will out weigh the cost. I recommend that you drink purified, distilled, alkaline, or mountain spring water—do not drink water from a faucet especially if it does not have a water purification system. Environmentalist would disagree with me about drinking bottled water because of the damage plastic bottles cause the environment. I would like to be a fly on their walls to see if they have invested in a water purification system.
5 Reasons Why You Should Never Trust Tap Water
- The Flint, Michigan scandal revealed that many water plants in the United States contain alarmingly high levels of toxic metals such as lead.
- Many municipal water systems add toxic fluoride to the water supply. Fluoride is a known neurotoxin that has been linked to lower IQ scores in children.
- Fluoride promotes corrosion of water pipes, releasing even more lead or other toxic elements into your tap or faucet water.
- More than 60% of Americans are exposed to lead and fluoride-contaminated water. Are you one of them?
- Tap water is filled with chloride. It’s added by water quality operations to kill bacteria, but it can also affect our own health.
Source: Natural News.com; http://bigberkey.naturalnews.com/bigberkey.html; Accessed on 4 November 2016.
My household likes Aquafina (pure water, pure taste) bottled water. Aquafina promotes a Drink Up campaign to get America to drink more water. Check out this video: https://youtu.be/bl_0BfPlJYc I want you to thirst for some delicious, wet, and refreshing water to saturate and hydrate your body and mind. I want you to see the sexy of drinking water. What I am about to drop on you is going to blow your mind.
Did you know that the average adult human body is about 60 percent water?
The percentage of water in infants is much higher, typically around 75-78 percent water, dropping to 65 percent by 1 year of age. The average adult male is about 60 percent water. The average adult woman is about 55 percent water because women naturally have more fatty tissue than men. With those figures, I guess you are wondering how much water should you drink daily. There are many different opinions on how much water we should be drinking; however, the health authorities recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon.
Did you know that developing just a simple healthy habit of drinking water will energize your body and mind?
I have heard so many people say, “I don’t like to drink water.” I cannot for the life of me understand why people do not like to drink water. Water is delicious, and nothing quenches my thirst like water. Without sufficient water in your body, your cells get congested, your skin cannot detox, and your bladder and kidneys will not work properly. You will feel tired and sluggish and you will eat more—you may think you are hungry but it is only your body telling you it is thirsty. Did you know that one of the most important things you can do to stay healthy is to stay hydrated?
Sexy Benefits of Drinking Water
- Water maintains the body’s fluid balance, which helps transport nutrients in our body, regulate body temperature, and digest food. Water does wonders to clear your colon: easy in and easy out. Water also helps eliminate water retention.
- Drinking water helps with weight loss by boosting the metabolism. Many studies have found a connection between water consumption and losing a few pounds. The secret reason? Water simply helps people feel full, and thus consume fewer calories.
- Drink more water when you are working out because sweating causes muscles to lose water. Your muscles get tired when they do not have enough water. Drinking water will help you to get that extra energy you need to complete your workout and build muscle.
- Water promotes younger looking skin, so taking frequent baths is good for your skin. Drinking water also makes your skin clearer, because it rids the body of toxins that clog pores and cause the skin to inflame.
- Water helps our kidneys process blood, sift out waste and transport urine to the bladder. Without sufficient fluids, your kidneys cannot support your body’s needs.
- Drinking water can help you to concentrate and stay alert, which will increase your daily productivity.
- Staying hydrated with water can increase your energy, help prevent fatigue and fight tired eyes.
- Drink water to hydrate the body and to stop a pounding headache.
- Water is a natural shock absorber, acting as a lubricant to aching joints.
Your Health is Your Wealth
Follow these tips to keep your body hydrated: Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up, 30 minutes before eating any meal (to help control appetite), and 30 minutes before going to bed (known to prevent strokes). Also, get in the habit of keeping a water bottle with you wherever you go. I have a habit of taking a bottle or two of water with me whenever I leave home. If you find yourself getting bored with the taste of water, squeeze citrus or drop a mint leaf in the water. The benefits of drinking water are endless. Are you thirsty? I am still thirsty.